Sister Marie Thérèse graduated from Marian High School in Mishawaka, IN last year. She spent a year studying at Holy Cross College and was a parishioner at St. Pius X in Granger, IN.
Blessed Mother Maria Theresia Bonzel founded our congregation in Olpe, Germany, in the year 1863. From the very day the community was founded, Mother established perpetual adoration in the local convent chapel. The files of her beatification attest to the love and strength she found therein: “She had grown under the soft light of the Eucharistic sun. Again and again she went to the hidden God to find light, courage and strength. The Eucharistic Lord must be discovered by us anew and must be proclaimed as an enabler of selfless love.” Flowing from prayer, Mother Maria Theresia put herself and the Sisters at the service of children, the sick, and the poor. For over 150 years, the Sisters have remained faithful to their charism of perpetual adoration as well as the active apostolates of healthcare and education. Currently the Sisters serve primarily in schools and hospitals in Indiana and south suburban Chicago.